In an interesting move, Facebook Thursday released a new iOS app dedicated to photo sharing. The app simplifies both the posting and browsing/commenting on photos on Facebook. The interesting part is the app is released shortly after the company purchased photo sharing app Instagram, which is pretty similar in function even down to funky image filters.
Other than replicating features available elsewhere, the app does streamline the process of viewing and posting photos. A nice touch for people who may not care much for other Facebook features or just want a faster way to deal with Facebook photos.
The app is free for the iPhone and iPod touch.
Check out the latest Insanely Great Show where we go hands on with the new app.
- Report: The how, the where, and the when for the Apple Watch ordering
- Apple retail tracking site ifoapplestore calls it quits
- Session with Becoming Steve Jobs authors available on iTunes
- MacBook's USB-C Connector, Meerkat, Super Troopers, + More
- TED comes to Apple TV
- Agile Bits on passwords and security theater
- Fitbit to add multiple tracker support
- Report: Major Apple TV update, app store expected
- ABC News gets tour of Apple health and fitness lab
- Haptic touchpad on new MacBook Pro
- Tim Cook on internal collaboration and the customer experience
- Report: Apple TV subscription service expected this fall
- Want to live above an Apple Store?
- New movie: Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Confusion over the MacBook's USB-C port
- Podcast: The Apple Watch
- Griffen WatchStand announced for Apple Watch
- Waterfield Designs Time Travel case for the Apple Watch
- The Apple Watch
- New MacBook comes in smaller, lighter than MacBook Air
- HBO Now official announced for Apple devices
- Reserve Strap battery backup for Apple Watch
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
Browse and search for more articles