Apple announced Tuesday that the 3rd generation iPad is slated to go on sale in China. The launch date is set for Friday July 20. The company is selling all models, including WiFi and cellular data iPads in both black and white.
Buyers can reserve a new iPad starting July 19th. Reservation hours are 9 AM to 12 PM to be picked up the next day. The reservations system will be a daily thing starting on the 19th.
Apple said it will continue to sell the iPad 2 for $399 (USD) in China.
The delay in launch is likely related to a trademark dispute with China-based Proview. The new iPad gained regulatory clearance for both WiFi and cellular models earlier in the spring, while Apple resolved the trademark dispute last week.
China court: Apple pays $60M to settle iPad case
- iMap Weather Radio app sends severe weather alerts to your iPhone (Video)
- ZAGGKeys Cover and Folio keyboard cases for iPad mini
- Double Decker from Trans Intl stacks up 2 drives in Mac Pro bays
- Pebble releases new SDK for greater app functions
- iKlip 2 and iKlip Studio for mini now available
- Stitcher Radio gets simplified car mode
- Google shows off new Maps
- App store hits 50 billion downloads
- Google announces new Hangouts app, consolidates messaging
- Newer Technology GripBase Podium stand for iPad
- iMove 9.0.9 for Mac updates camera issues
- 1Password adds new in-app browser, sharing
- Bill Gates reflects of Steve Jobs on 60 Minutes
- ABC to stream network shows live to iOS devices
- Apple issues update for Thunderbolt Macs
- Pixelmator 2.2
- Using the Fitbit One Fitness Tracker (Video)
- Kenburg 5-inch short LightLinez Lightning cable
- Newer Tech reduces cost of miniStack with CD/DVD option
- Plants vs Zombies 2 slated for July
- Fitbit ships Flex wrist fitness tracker
- Gmail app updates keeps iOS users in Google's eco system
- Every Day Carry Gear/Gadgets (Video)
- Denon announces new line of AVRs with AirPlay, iOS remote
- T-Mobile TV now available for iOS
Browse and search for more articles