Other World Computing announced a program to help deliver clean water to underdeveloped countries. A donation will also enter you into a sweepstakes to win a 1 TB external HDD.
"OWC is celebrating its 25th year of service with a sweepstakes to thank our loyal community of customers, and by partnering with charity: water to raise funds to help a great cause."
Teaming up with charity:water, OWC says that $20 is the average cost to deliver clean water to one person. OWC is matching donations, so $10 donated actually results in $20. When donating, you can sign up to receive a report of where you're donation is heading.
The company has a campaign goal of $125,000.
Other World Computing
- FLIR One Thermal iPhone case goes on pre-order
- New MacBook Air stickers ad
- A detailed look at Yosemite and iOS 8 Continuity features
- Maroon 5, Pharrel Williams, Beck headline iTunes Festival
- Comcast vs Ryan Block
- Apple launches Swift developer blog
- LEGO Fusion looks pretty neat
- Tim Cook’s leadership and innovation
- Detailed look at iOS 8 Privacy
- IBM's Watson in the kitchen
- Apple rolls out Back to School Promo
- Apple may be rolling out two-factor verification for iCloud
- Apple revamps iTunes U for better iPad integration
- Apple ends Aperture
- New Parenthood iPhone 5s ad features apps with kids
- Apple updates lowest end iPod touch, trims prices
- Apple’s focus on the customer
- Dropbox app looks to streamline desktop setup
- Apple TV adds on ABC News, PBS Kids, AOL On
- A look inside Dropbox's new HQ
- Apple TV and HomeKit possibilities
- T-Mobile offers unlimited iTunes Radio streaming
- Podcast: Low end iMac, Podcast App, Amazon Phone + More
- Apple introduces new lower end iMac
- Nest Protect once again on sale
Browse and search for more articles