Another expansion box option for non-Mac Pros. Mlogic lists compatibility with a number of PCIe card vendors, such as Apple, Apricorn, Atto, Blackmagic, Myricom, OWC, and Small Tree. Essentially you can plug in a single full length PCIe 2.0 x16, and access it on any Mac with a Thunderbolt port. The bandwidth isn't there for full x16 speeds, as it's spec'd out for 4x, but if that fits your needs this opens some doors for those not wishing to invest in a Mac Pro.
The MLink is priced at $399 and is expected to start shipping in 2-3 weeks.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles