Lytro updated its desktop software to provide new features for photos taken with its light field camera. When the camera originally shipped it allowed for interactive photos to change the focus point of the photo. Now, users can also slightly change the perspective of the image.
Also new a added Living Filters, which can change the appearance of an image. Lytro introduced nine new filters to both enhance and stylize photos.
What's cool about these improvements is they can be applied to existing photos. The software uses raw data from the photos and creates new versions.
Lytro introduced a pretty compelling technology to the mass market, but it's expensive for basically a novelty gadget. In the world of pretty good megapixel images from cellphones, the small, low resolution images don't resonate well with consumers. Eventually though there could be something here.
- Podcast: Switching to iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Watch Role Playing, Over-Under + More
- New Steve Jobs book announced
- Apple promotes iPhone 6 photo gallery
- Tim Cook talks up customer privacy
- iPhone design and battery life
- Apple event scheduled for March 9th
- Pebble announces follow-up Time watch
- Report: Apple retooling in-store genius bar appointments
- YouTube launches family-friendly app for kids
- Apple announces two new data centers in Europe
- New Apple ad features Martin Scorsese and iPads
- Podcast: Apple Car and iPhone 6 to 6+ upgrade?
- Office Suite for iOS adds iCloud storage
- Modern Family episode shot on iPhones, iPads, MacBook
- Dropbox adds new iOS 8 extension
- New Yorker profile highlights Ive's leadership
- Apple Car rumor hits the right checkboxes
- Two-factor verification now active on iMessage and FaceTime
- Gassée on Apple redefining what's possible
- Apple looks to power California footprint with 25-year solar deal
- Apple uses store shelves to control iPhone designs leaks
- Podcast: Super Bowl, Apple Photos, New Verizon Rates, Plane Crash App
- New Photos app available in pre-release of OS X 10.10.3
- Report: Apple pitching new plan to TV industry
- Latest Verizon promo trims pricing on some plans
Browse and search for more articles