November 28th 2012
By Mike Flaminio
When Apple rolled out iOS 6, new features were mentioned for automakers. A new Eyes Free mode with Siri essentially turns an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 into a screen-less backend for your car.
GM announced this week that next year supported Chevrolet Spark and Sonic cars will integrate with Siri.
- Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to Contacts on their iPhone
- Play songs in the iTunes library, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM/XM radio to iPod mode
- Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
- Access Calendar and add appointments
- Minimize distraction even more by keeping the screen of the iPhone from lighting up, even when Siri answers simple questions such as game scores or the dates of national holidays
- While in Eyes Free mode, Siri will not provide answers to complex questions that require displaying a web page.
Mercury Extreme SSD
Power2U AC/USB Wall Outlet
Mac RAM (Retina)
MacBook Pro Memory
2TB Tiger SSD
iSchmutz Air Filter