The Daily launched with much fanfare in February 2011. The app was basically a national newspaper in digital form. It covers wide-ranging topics of news, opinion, gossip, weather, sports and more. It also integrates video and audio, plus interactive elements such as Twitter, Facebook, and insta-polls. We noticed users can respond to items with voice comments. Furthermore, readers can share articles with friends. Selling at $0.99 a week, it was a bold initiative to create a digital daily news publication from an old news institution.
While nicely done, it just didn't seem to resonate with consumers despite the high-profle tie in with Apple and the iPad.
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer (Video)
- Eye-Fi Mobi transmits camera pics to iOS
- AirDrop coming to iOS 7?
- Apple may be planning an ad exchange system
- Podcast: Tim Cook, Retro Gaming, WWDC, Arrested Development
Browse and search for more articles