The Daily launched with much fanfare in February 2011. The app was basically a national newspaper in digital form. It covers wide-ranging topics of news, opinion, gossip, weather, sports and more. It also integrates video and audio, plus interactive elements such as Twitter, Facebook, and insta-polls. We noticed users can respond to items with voice comments. Furthermore, readers can share articles with friends. Selling at $0.99 a week, it was a bold initiative to create a digital daily news publication from an old news institution.
While nicely done, it just didn't seem to resonate with consumers despite the high-profle tie in with Apple and the iPad.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles