mLogic ships mLink Thunderbolt PCIe expansion box
mLink has started shipping it's new PCIe expansion chassis running over Thunderbolt. The upgrade basically allows for a PCIe upgrade on any Mac, not just Mac Pros. Users can add high-end video capture, networking, or storage cards to their MacBook or iMac, for example.
The mLink is equipped with two 10 Gb/sec Thunderbolt ports and can be daisy chained for up to 6 Thunderbolt peripherals. mLink can house a single full or half-length PCIe card with special drivers that are Thunderbolt aware. The company offers a list of supported partners and users will want to ensure their specific card is supported. There are a range of storage and network devices supported.
The box supports PCIe 2.0 x16 cards with running at x4 mode.
The mLink is selling for $399.
- Real world use of iBeacon in Apple stores
- 1Password for Mac 4.1 bring a number of improvements
- WSJ blasts ant-trust judge and prosecutor
- BassJump Subwoofer gets update for Mavericks
- Video: Shinola Premium Leather iPhone 5/5s case
- Honda announces further integration with iPhones
- Apple acquires Topsy Labs
- A look at some 4K monitor options
- Rockstar bringing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to iOS
- GLIF iPhone mount get update to be adjustable
- Honda rolling out Siri Eye Free on selection 2014 vehicles
- ScreenFlow 4.5 now available with Mavericks support
- Apple announces Black Friday sales
- iPhone 5s now available unlocked from Apple
- Apple buys 3D sensor company
- Podcast: Power outage, bad phone carriers, PS4, CoD, plus more
- Fifty Three announces Pencil Stylus
- OWC adds USB 3.0 to Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 enclosures
- MOGA Ace Power iOS game controller
- Sprint offers free 12 month smartphone service for students
- Find My Friends app get iOS 7 treatment
- PBS, Yahoo Screen comes to Apple TV
- Podcast: Episode 100, iPad mini, iPhone case is crappy or not? Everpix, plus more
- My iPhone Home Page AppsVideo:
- Video: Apple Leather iPhone 5/5S Case (Product RED)
Browse and search for more articles