mLogic ships mLink Thunderbolt PCIe expansion box
mLink has started shipping it's new PCIe expansion chassis running over Thunderbolt. The upgrade basically allows for a PCIe upgrade on any Mac, not just Mac Pros. Users can add high-end video capture, networking, or storage cards to their MacBook or iMac, for example.
The mLink is equipped with two 10 Gb/sec Thunderbolt ports and can be daisy chained for up to 6 Thunderbolt peripherals. mLink can house a single full or half-length PCIe card with special drivers that are Thunderbolt aware. The company offers a list of supported partners and users will want to ensure their specific card is supported. There are a range of storage and network devices supported.
The box supports PCIe 2.0 x16 cards with running at x4 mode.
The mLink is selling for $399.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles