Agilebits 1Password to is indispensable on the desktop. The iOS version is a nice companion app, although certainly a good purchase by itself. Essentially 1Password is a password and data organization tool that secures all your various password. To access any of them, you just need one good password. This allows you to create strong and unique passwords for all your accounts without worrying about forgetting them. It's also handy for storing important data like software keys/serial numbers.
Version 4.0 is now available on iOS with a number of nice improvements. Best maybe the improved syncing system, which was awkward previously. One of the coolest features of 1Password is it can sync via Dropbox so that all your computers, and iOS devices, are constantly updated with your passwords. Version 4 now also includes iCloud support.
Overall the app looks to be completely retooled with an updated user interface. A new favorites option is available to make it easier to access frequent accounts. The biggest issue of the mobile edition remains, however, to no fault of Agilebits. On the desktop, the software links right into your web browser of choice as a plug-in. Mobile Safari offers no such extendibility, so essentially you need to switch over to 1Password's built-in browser to log into account. Still, it's a pretty handy tool.
1Password 4 is available for a limited launch price of $7.99, after which it will be $17.99. It works for both iPhone and iPads. Version 4 of the Mac version is still in the works.
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer (Video)
- Eye-Fi Mobi transmits camera pics to iOS
- AirDrop coming to iOS 7?
- Apple may be planning an ad exchange system
- Podcast: Tim Cook, Retro Gaming, WWDC, Arrested Development
Browse and search for more articles