Agilebits 1Password to is indispensable on the desktop. The iOS version is a nice companion app, although certainly a good purchase by itself. Essentially 1Password is a password and data organization tool that secures all your various password. To access any of them, you just need one good password. This allows you to create strong and unique passwords for all your accounts without worrying about forgetting them. It's also handy for storing important data like software keys/serial numbers.
Version 4.0 is now available on iOS with a number of nice improvements. Best maybe the improved syncing system, which was awkward previously. One of the coolest features of 1Password is it can sync via Dropbox so that all your computers, and iOS devices, are constantly updated with your passwords. Version 4 now also includes iCloud support.
Overall the app looks to be completely retooled with an updated user interface. A new favorites option is available to make it easier to access frequent accounts. The biggest issue of the mobile edition remains, however, to no fault of Agilebits. On the desktop, the software links right into your web browser of choice as a plug-in. Mobile Safari offers no such extendibility, so essentially you need to switch over to 1Password's built-in browser to log into account. Still, it's a pretty handy tool.
1Password 4 is available for a limited launch price of $7.99, after which it will be $17.99. It works for both iPhone and iPads. Version 4 of the Mac version is still in the works.
- 13 Steve Jobs Quotes
- Twelve South launches wooden Macbook stand in BookArc möd
- Alpine planning after market CarPlay head units
- Linking Apple TV with IFTTT for evergreen screen saver photos
- Funny Samsung sales numbers and the analysts who reported them
- Podcast: Gary Busey, iOS 8 Wishlists, thoughts on iPhone 6 (#109)
- List of sites affected by Heartbleed
- iOS, OS X not affected by Heartbleed
- A good guide for resolving iOS battery problems
- Dropbox releases Mac email and photo management apps
- Best selling Android app was a scam
- Kanex introduces Thunderbolt to eSATA/USB and Ethernet/USB adapters
- Nest halts sales, disables wave feature
- WWDC set for June 2nd
- Apple gives iWork for OS X, iOS, iCloud a big update
- Apple updates Safari for Mavericks and Mountain Lion
- OWC offers CPU upgrade solution for new Mac Pros
- LaCie expanded networked FUEL drive to 2TB
- Apple adjusting app pricing in some countries
- WD My Passport Pro RAID offers portable Thunderbolt storage w/o power
- Office comes to iPad, unlocks features for iPhone
- Twitter introduces photo tagging, multiple photo support
- Sonnet Tech introduces xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt PCI Rack
- OWC boosts Mac Pro memory to 128 GB
- Macfixit is no more
Browse and search for more articles