Agilebits 1Password to is indispensable on the desktop. The iOS version is a nice companion app, although certainly a good purchase by itself. Essentially 1Password is a password and data organization tool that secures all your various password. To access any of them, you just need one good password. This allows you to create strong and unique passwords for all your accounts without worrying about forgetting them. It's also handy for storing important data like software keys/serial numbers.
Version 4.0 is now available on iOS with a number of nice improvements. Best maybe the improved syncing system, which was awkward previously. One of the coolest features of 1Password is it can sync via Dropbox so that all your computers, and iOS devices, are constantly updated with your passwords. Version 4 now also includes iCloud support.
Overall the app looks to be completely retooled with an updated user interface. A new favorites option is available to make it easier to access frequent accounts. The biggest issue of the mobile edition remains, however, to no fault of Agilebits. On the desktop, the software links right into your web browser of choice as a plug-in. Mobile Safari offers no such extendibility, so essentially you need to switch over to 1Password's built-in browser to log into account. Still, it's a pretty handy tool.
1Password 4 is available for a limited launch price of $7.99, after which it will be $17.99. It works for both iPhone and iPads. Version 4 of the Mac version is still in the works.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles