When Apple released the 5.2 update for Apple TV, observers found a reference for a new, unknown device. Speculation ranged from ZOMG itís the new HDTV to perhaps just an international variation or otherwise less that noteworthy hardware tweak.
Since then, some new info has come to light via FCC filings. Anandtech pokes through the filing, and Apple TV code, and figures Apple plans to release a minor update to the Apple TV. Called 3,2 in the software, the update is to be very slightly smaller and sport an updated processor and antenna. Similar to the iPhone 5, the new Apple TV may have a single WiFi/Bluetooth antenna, and similar to the iPad 4th Gen, the new Apple TV may get upgrade to the A5x CPU/GPU, or at least a variation of.
It will be interesting to see if new features come along with these changes, or this is simply Apple streamlining parts and manufacturing across product lines.
- Taking stock of Apple's own OS X apps
- Continuity Activation Tool now for USB dongles
- The backstory on iOS 8's wallpaper
- Twelve South announces BookBook for iPhone 6/6+
- Apple's new touching The Song ad
- Video: Post-It Note App for iOS captures your notes
- iDevices looks to jumpstart Homekit adoption
- Initial Apple-IBM enterprise solutions announced
- OWC announces SSD upgrade for new Mac Pros
- Apple TV gets YouTube update
- iTunes features best of 2014
- Link: Gift Guide for Bourbon Drinkers
- iPad 2 ad Change
- Jimmy Iovine interview on selling Beats to Apple
- Elgato ships Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- Quora: Should Apple recall the iPhone 6 Plus?
- Link - iCloud security tips
- Other World Computing Holiday Specials
- Trans Intl Holiday Deals
- Pocket reveals interesting metrics on iPhone 6 vs 6 Plus
- Dropbox now integrated with Microsoft Office
- Having a Password Emergency Kit
- Corning announced Gorilla Glass 4
- Mythbusters explain Gorilla Glass
- Podcast: App Store Get vs Free, Pappy Van Winkle, CoD, Plus More!
Browse and search for more articles