Mophie announced a new battery backup case for the iPhone 5, the Juice Pack Helium. The case has an integrated 1500 mAh rechargeable battery that is 15% thinner than previous Juice Pack products. Mophie says the battery case provides 80% more power for your phone without having to dock it to a power source. In total, the case provides nearly 3000 mAh solution for your iPhone 5. Mophie says this offers up to 6 additional hours of talk time on 3G, and an addition 6 hours on 3G/LTE and 7 on WiFi. It also powered up to an additional 30 hours of audio playback and 7 hours video playback.
The case charges via USB and also allows syncing while the phone is in the case. The battery is rated for 500 full charge cycles at 100% capacity before it begins to degrade over time. On the back of the case is a LED battery capacity indicator for remanning charge.
The Helium will be available in two colors, a dark and light metallic. The dark version is expected to start shipping February 14th, and the light later in March. Pricing is $79.95 MSRP.
- Google Inbox
- Memory upgrades for new 5K iMac from Other World Computing
- Dropbox adds iPhone 6/6+, Touch ID support
- Video: How to charge your iPhone 6 faster
- Apple announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Apple announces new iMac with 5K display
- OS X Yosemite launches
- Apple updates Mac mini
- Apple Pay goes live October 20
- HBO plans to launch stand-alone streaming service next year
- Macworld/iWorld called off for 2015
- Podcast - Apple Event, iOS 8 Adoption + More
- New Apple event set for October 16th
- Fitbit says not working on iOS 8 Health integration
- 1Password Update for iOS 8 Bugs
- T-Mobile CEO Legere on Bendgate
- Podcast: Verizon Plans, Windows 10, Apple QA, plus much more
- Apple Activation Lock Status website
- Vogue Profiles Ive
- Verizon promotion boosts shared data plans
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
Browse and search for more articles