Mophie announced a new battery backup case for the iPhone 5, the Juice Pack Helium. The case has an integrated 1500 mAh rechargeable battery that is 15% thinner than previous Juice Pack products. Mophie says the battery case provides 80% more power for your phone without having to dock it to a power source. In total, the case provides nearly 3000 mAh solution for your iPhone 5. Mophie says this offers up to 6 additional hours of talk time on 3G, and an addition 6 hours on 3G/LTE and 7 on WiFi. It also powered up to an additional 30 hours of audio playback and 7 hours video playback.
The case charges via USB and also allows syncing while the phone is in the case. The battery is rated for 500 full charge cycles at 100% capacity before it begins to degrade over time. On the back of the case is a LED battery capacity indicator for remanning charge.
The Helium will be available in two colors, a dark and light metallic. The dark version is expected to start shipping February 14th, and the light later in March. Pricing is $79.95 MSRP.
- Steve Jobs bio heads to paperback w/ updated cover, afterword
- Adobe releases Creative Cloud apps
- Podcast: iOS 7, Mavericks, Mac Pro, iTunes Radio + More
- Microsoft Office now on iPhone, but only for 365 subscribers
- iOS 7's new look
- Video - Breaking down the new Apple Mac Pro
- Video - Breaking down the 2013 MacBook Air
- OS X Mavericks' power saving magic
- New MacBook Air benchmarks prove it's all about the battery
- Apple posts two new ads shown at WWDC
- 2013 WWDC keynote video now posted
- iOS 7 gets major UX overhaul
- Apple previews next Mac Pro, but who will buy?
- iTunes Radio brings free streaming music to iOS/iTunes
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks announced
- Apple updates MacBook Air with new battery, GPU performance
- AT&T to enforce full two-year upgrade cycle
- WWDC keynote to be streamed
- Adobe Lightroom 5 now available via Creative Cloud, stand-alone
- Apple rumored to be close to Internet radio service
- VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer (Video)
- Eye-Fi Mobi transmits camera pics to iOS
- AirDrop coming to iOS 7?
- Apple may be planning an ad exchange system
- Podcast: Tim Cook, Retro Gaming, WWDC, Arrested Development
Browse and search for more articles