Mophie announced a new battery backup case for the iPhone 5, the Juice Pack Helium. The case has an integrated 1500 mAh rechargeable battery that is 15% thinner than previous Juice Pack products. Mophie says the battery case provides 80% more power for your phone without having to dock it to a power source. In total, the case provides nearly 3000 mAh solution for your iPhone 5. Mophie says this offers up to 6 additional hours of talk time on 3G, and an addition 6 hours on 3G/LTE and 7 on WiFi. It also powered up to an additional 30 hours of audio playback and 7 hours video playback.
The case charges via USB and also allows syncing while the phone is in the case. The battery is rated for 500 full charge cycles at 100% capacity before it begins to degrade over time. On the back of the case is a LED battery capacity indicator for remanning charge.
The Helium will be available in two colors, a dark and light metallic. The dark version is expected to start shipping February 14th, and the light later in March. Pricing is $79.95 MSRP.
- Bendgate helps Apple?
- Consumer Reports takes on iPhone bending
- A look at making launch day iPhone cases
- Podcast: Thoughts on iPhone 6/6+, Hot Thighs and Tights Pants, What's Wrong with iPhone Lines
- How to get photos on to iOS 8 iCloud Photo Library with PhotoSync
- iPhone launch weekend sees 10 million sold
- Thoughts on iPhone sizes
- Apple TV and HomeKit
- iPhone lines and the black market
- Podcast - iPhone pre-orders, iOS 8, Tim Cook Interview + More
- 1Password 5 now available for iOS w/ extensions, touch ID support
- iCloud data gets 2-step verification, new app-specifc passwords
- Apple posts Android switcher guide
- Charlie Rose Tim Cook Interview
- 4 million iPhone orders in first day, up from 2 million for iPhone 5
- Podcast: iPhone 6, Watch, Apple Pay, etc, etc
- New iCloud storage plans rolling out
- Macworld Magazine ends, continues online
- Apple Watch
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay
- Podcast: iCloud security tips, TheFappening, Apple Event, plus more
- Wired on how iCloud accounts may have been hacked
- My iCloud security tips
- Podcast: Brown M&M, Apple event, wearable, tattoos, Dropbox vs iCloud + More
Browse and search for more articles